Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Getting Settled

WOW!!! I mean really, wow! So I'm married now! We're married now, I've just been kindly reminded it's OUR blog. So in 10 days we'll have been married a month and we're STILL trying to get all settled in.
All of a sudden Mrs. Incredible's phone call to Mr. Incredible in which she announces that she has FINALLY unpacked the last box makes sense! I'm going to be that wife! Calling my husband in the middle of a workday to tell him I FINALLY finished the HUGE mound of laundry we had waiting for us when we got back from our honeymoon. (neither of us are real big laundry doers so now I'm looking at almost my entire wardrobe and his that need to be cleaned, folded AND put away)
Now honestly Justin and I have been spending every waking moment together since we met, with the exception of work which puts a small road block in hanging out =) So it's not like I don't already know what a mess he is combined with what a mess I am. But for some reason my brain had a little block up before I became his wife. This little block said "You are his girlfriend, you don't have to clean, it's his mess" weird I know but I was in denial. No responsibility unless I HAVE to take it on right? Well now I'm his wife and the unwritten "wife code" says I have to make sure he is fed and clean and wearing mostly clean clothes(he spills lol) and living in a relatively clean house, and I am telling you that in itself is a full time job.
I really don't know why I expected myself to be able to go from grabbing food wherever whenever, Menu?, and cleaning up only when people were going to be coming over, and by people I mean people other then our friends, and only washing clothes when I was down to wearing a tank top with a sweat jacket over it to work to being all organized and planning meals and constantly cleaning and doing laundry.. I am not programmed for this stuff!
So my plan for this weekend, because Justin is out of town, is to get caught up. Hahaha yeah right, whenI'm sorely tempted to hop a plane and enjoy myself in some unknown destination.
But maybe the responsible side will win out... who knows!

No comments: