Thursday, January 8, 2009

National Championship

I must preface this blog by saying may the BYU gods cover their eyes and ears cuz I'm about to be blasphemous to my true blue thru and thru blood.

The University of Utah football went completely undefeated this year... now these wins do include a victory over my Cougs so that alone means the Ute team was pretty dang good.
Not only did the Utes go 12-0 in the regular season, they then proceeded to take their happy little team to the deep deep south and effectively bitch slap a nationally ranked Alabama. Excuse my french.

Now tonight, Florida and Oklahoma will be battling it out for a chance to be NATIONAL CHAMPIONS. Florida who ps lost to Ole Miss.... who lost to Alabama who lost to... oh yeah our dear ol' Utes!

So essentially the Utes got screwed. The whole MWC got screwed; but mostly the Utes who worked their tails off to prove to the BCS that Utah is on the map.

So whats it gonna take? When is the BCS gonna be a "fair" competition? Don't think I'm whining about things being unfair cuz I'm not, I'm just wondering when the BCS is gonna be more about the game and less about the cash load.

For my vote anyway, and my family might die when they read this, the Utes had the best team in the nation this season(sorry Cougs I heart you still) and they are the national champions no matter who wins tonight.

No comments: